How the pandemic may influence Marketing
Updated: Apr 1, 2021
In the last weeks I reflected on how the pandemic may influence Marketing. Below is the fruit on my thoughts.
Marketing may adjust to the ongoing new situation by:
- Nurturing and accompanying much more existing "premium" customers (who will survive...) rather than looking to adquire new (fragile) customers.
- Developing services on top of existing offers (eg : consultancy) rather than playing with discounts.
- Revealing the human touch of the brand to tell "we are like you ! " and increase trust by building equal to equal business relationships.
- Testing new media as advertising outside digital got cheaper.
- Taking time to understand the customers. Not sending them forms. Calling them, visiting them.
- Targeting specific target groups consequently rather than communicating to "everyone".
- Reviewing and adapting the Go-to-Market to match much better the (new) market and fix old issues at the same time.
- Recruiting non specialized Marketing profiles with a business developpment mindset to be able to adapt measures fast and with impact.
Agree, not agree ?
Thoughts initially published on my Linkedin profile.